In an exciting update for late-night TV enthusiasts, CBS is set to enhance its post-midnight lineup this fall, joining forces with media titan Byron Allen. Starting September 18th, fans can catch Allen’s widely acclaimed syndicated series, “Comics Unleashed”—which he personally hosts—right after encore episodes of “The Late Show With Stephen Colbert.” This special feature is slated for a short duration, with the network broadcasting two episodes consecutively at 12:37 a.m. ET/PT. This timeslot previously played home to “The Late Late Show.” It’s important to note that many late-night programs have been off-air since the Writers Guild of America went on strike in May.
- Jimmy Kimmel, Jimmy Fallon, Stephen Colbert Cancel ‘Strike Force Three’ Live Show as Kimmel Tests Positive for COVID
- ‘Gotham Knights’ Canceled at The CW; ‘Superman & Lois,’ ‘All American: Homecoming’ Renewed
- Chris Cuomo: ‘I Was Going to Kill Everybody Including Myself’ After CNN Firing
- ‘Succession’: Sarah Snook Revealed Her Pregnancy to the Crew When Filming This Pivotal Scene
- Whoopi Goldberg Defends Hasan Minhaj’s Right to Embellish Stand-Up Stories: Why Would Comics ‘Tell Exactly What Happened? It’s Not That Interesting’
In an exclusive statement, Allen, the founder, chairman, and CEO of Allen Media Group, expressed, “Comics Unleashed is a true passion for me, simply because this world can never have enough laughter, I created this show so that the best comedians can all come together and bring nonstop laughter.” He conceived the program as a platform where top comedians can unite to ensure the laughter never ends.
In a recent update from the world of broadcast syndication, “Comics Unleashed” has graced our screens since 2006 with its dynamic discussions hosted by Allen. The format sees a riveting roundtable discourse with an ever-changing panel of comedic talents. Some of the industry’s heavyweights such as Sebastian Maniscalco, Tiffany Haddish, and Cedric the Entertainer, along with other renowned figures like Howie Mandel, Leslie Jones, and Margaret Cho, have made notable appearances on the show.
CBS now features “Comics Unleashed” in 14 of its regional markets. For those tuning in nationally, viewers can anticipate a blend of cherished episodes from the show’s extensive archive and brand-new segments, some of which were recorded before the unfortunate disruptions caused by writers and actors strikes.
Behind the scenes, Allen Media Group proudly produces this comic feast, with the trio of Allen, Carolyn Folks, and Jennifer Lucas helming the show as its executive producers. Stay tuned for more laughter and wit!