“Firefly Lane” actress Katherine Heigl has revealed that she’s now “bionic” following a significant neck surgery.
- WGA, AMPTP to Meet Sunday After Guild Presented With ‘Best and Final’ Offer
- Nexstar Stations Return to DirecTV Lineup Amid Progress in Contract Negotiations
- Vanna White Extends ‘Wheel of Fortune’ Contract Through 2025-26 Season
- Kevin Spacey Defends Coming Out as Gay After Being Accused of Sexual Misconduct: ‘I Was Under a Lot of Pressure’
- Donny Deutsch Slams Hollywood Silence Amid Israel-Hamas War on MSNBC: ‘This Is About the Slaughtering of Jews’
On Thursday, Heigl shared a photo wearing a neck brace and disclosed that she underwent surgery to implant two titanium disks into her neck.
“Well… I am now bionic!! Two titanium disks now inhabit my neck, and I can probably stand on my head for hours,” Heigl wrote. “I’m not gonna try it just yet, but give me a few months and I’ll blow your mind!!”
In a post a few days earlier, Heigl mentioned that she was in L.A. “to deal with a herniated disk” in her neck. Following the surgery, she expressed her gratitude to the team of doctors who “saved me from the most excruciating pain I have ever experienced and blessed me with a new pain-free lease on life.”
“I really feel like they deserve a big, giant shoutout of gratitude and appreciation, so I’m gonna give it to them,” Heigl wrote. “@thebackdoctorapp, thank you for treating me like a human being and giving me so much of your time and attention to help me truly understand what to expect and what all my options were. Thank you for your tremendous talent and expertise and for saving my neck! @cedarssinai in Marina del Rey, thank you for your incredible and compassionate care and attention! Heading into surgery and hospital stays is always a bit scary, and you guys could not have made me feel more comfortable or taken care of!”
Heigl also shared x-rays from before and after the surgery in the post, illustrating exactly where the titanium disks are placed.
Heigl concluded the post with a note about St. Patrick’s Day: “Clearly I’ve been blessed with the luck of the Irish today!”