- BuzzFeed Tasty Alum Alix Traeger Signs With CAA (EXCLUSIVE)
- Kiernan Shipka’s new horror movie lands excellent Rotten Tomatoes score
- ‘Saw’ Director Darren Lynn Bousman’s Saudi Horror Film ‘The Cello,’ Starring Jeremy Irons, Bows in Riyadh
- Netflix Top 10: ‘One Piece’ Live-Action Series Remains at No. 1 as Adam Sandler’s ‘You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah’ Leads Films
- The 10 Smartest Decisions in Horror Movies, According to Reddit
European streaming service SkyShowtime has unveiled its highly anticipated film and TV lineup for the remainder of the year, featuring a slew of captivating titles that promise to keep viewers entertained. In a remarkable achievement, SkyShowtime, which serves as the European streaming home for releases from Paramount and Universal, is on track to host a staggering 50% of this year’s box office on its platform.
SkyShowtime CEO Monty Sarhan expressed his enthusiasm, stating, “Less than a year since our launch, SkyShowtime boasts an impressive line-up of amazing content. From the latest Hollywood hits and exclusive global series to our local originals, SkyShowtime offers subscribers across Europe an incredible selection of the world’s best entertainment. And with even more spectacular content to come in 2024, SkyShowtime will continue to deliver great entertainment at a great price.”
Currently available in 23 European countries, including Albania, Denmark, Spain, and Sweden, SkyShowtime has quickly become a household name in the streaming industry.
Here’s a sneak peek at the exciting releases to look forward to in the coming months:
1. “Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves” (Sept. 12 in Nordics; Sept. 15 in The Netherlands and Portugal; Sept. 29 in Central and Eastern Europe and Poland)
Kicking off the lineup is an action-packed movie that brings the rich world of the legendary game to the big screen. With a star-studded cast featuring Chris Pine, Michelle Rodriguez, Regé-Jean Page, and more, this film promises an epic adventure.
2. “Poker Face” (SkyShowtime Original) (Sept. 15)
Natasha Lyonne takes the lead as Charlie, a character with an extraordinary ability to detect lies. As she embarks on a road trip in her trusty Plymouth Barracuda, she encounters a diverse cast of characters and unravels intriguing mysteries along the way.
3. “Codename: Annika” (Finnish-Swedish SkyShowtime Original series) (Sept. 30)
This gripping series follows Finnish art fraud investigator Emma as she goes undercover to infiltrate an auction house in Stockholm. Her mission? To uncover the firm’s connections to a notorious money launderer known as Blanko.
4. “The Family Stallone” (Oct. 2)
Offering a fascinating glimpse into the lives of Hollywood legend Sylvester Stallone and his family, this new docuseries showcases the dynamics of one of Tinseltown’s most famous households.
5. “Fleeting Lies” (Spanish SkyShowtime Original series) (Oct. 9)
A gripping Spanish series that follows the life of Lucía, portrayed by Elena Anaya, who faces betrayal and the accusation of industrial espionage just one month before her wedding. The series delves into her struggle to prove her innocence.
6. “The Super Mario Bros. Movie” (Oct. 21 in The Netherlands; Nov. 5 in Central and Eastern Europe, except Poland; Nov. 20 in Portugal; Dec. 7 in Nordics; Dec. 24 in Poland)
Based on the beloved Nintendo video game franchise, this animated film invites audiences into a vibrant, action-packed universe, featuring the voices of Chris Pratt, Charlie Day, Seth Rogen, Jack Black, and Anya Taylor-Joy.
7. “Special Ops: Lioness” (Oct. 30)
Inspired by a real U.S. Military program, this series follows Joe, played by Zoe Saldaña, as she navigates the complex world of counterterrorism for the CIA. The series is overseen by Kaitlyn Meade, portrayed by Nicole Kidman, and Donald Westfield, played by Michael Kelly.
8. “Dreamland” (Nov. 21)
Set against the backdrop of the sun-drenched British seaside town of Margate, “Dreamland” explores the intricacies of multi-generational female relationships and family dynamics in a darkly comedic fashion.
9. “Frasier” (November)
Kelsey Grammer returns as the iconic Frasier Crane in this new series, which follows his character’s journey back to Boston, Massachusetts. Viewers can expect new challenges, relationships, and long-awaited dreams.
10. “Renfield” (November)
This modern monster tale centers on the loyal but tormented servant of Dracula, with Nicholas Hoult taking on the title role and Nicolas Cage portraying Dracula himself.
11. “Lawmen: Bass Reeves” (December)
An upcoming anthology series executive produced by Taylor Sheridan and starring David Oyelowo, the show unveils the untold story of Bass Reeves, the legendary lawman of the Old West.
12. “Transformers: Rise of the Beasts” (December)
In this thrilling film, audiences will embark on a globetrotting adventure with the Autobots and meet a new faction of Transformers known as the Maximals.
13. “The Curse” (SkyShowtime Original series) (2024)
Looking ahead to 2024, “The Curse” promises a genre-bending series that explores how an alleged curse disrupts the relationship of a newly married couple who co-star in a home-improvement show. The series stars Oscar winner Emma Stone, Nathan Fielder, and Benny Safdie.
With its diverse and compelling lineup, SkyShowtime continues to establish itself as a major player in the European streaming landscape, providing subscribers with an impressive array of entertainment options that span genres and languages. As it enters the next phase of growth, viewers can anticipate even more exceptional content in the coming years. SkyShowtime is undoubtedly a platform to watch for those seeking top-quality entertainment in the comfort of their homes.