- Box Office: ‘Saw X’ Makes $2 Million in Previews, ‘The Creator’ Follows With $1.6 Million
- ‘Pain Hustlers’ Director David Yates on Abandoning Harry Potter for Pill-Pushing Pharmaceutical Reps
- Marco Chimenz, Co-CEO of Italy’s Cattleya the prominent ITV-owned outfit behind “Gomorrah” and “ZeroZeroZero,” will be leaving the company in January to join pan-European powerhouse Federation Studios. At Federation Chimenz will serve as group co-managing director of the expanding production and distribution studio that currently comprises 35 production companies, working closely with founder and CEO Pascal Breton and Federation co-director Lionel Uzan. Founded in 2013, Federation is a production, financing and distribution studio with subsidiaries and associate production companies based in Paris, Los Angeles, Rome, Madrid, Berlin, Cologne, London, Brussels and Tel Aviv. The group’s best-known titles include “The Bureau,” “In Treatment,” “Baby,” “Hostages,” “Marseille,” “Bad Banks,” “Your Honor,” and “Around the World in 80 Days.”
- Mattel Films Elevates Robbie Brenner to President Following ‘Barbie’ Boom
- Jane Birkin’s Daughter Lou Doillon Set to Star in Quirky Italian Comedy Produced by Nanni Moretti
Get ready to revisit your favorite Halloween store!
AMC Network has officially obtained the streaming rights for David Poag’s “Spirit Halloween: The Movie,” which will be available for streaming on their platform, Shudder, starting on October 2, just in time for the Halloween season.
“Spirit Halloween” follows the adventure of three young friends: Jake (Donovan Colan), Carson (Dylan Martin Frankel), and Bo (Jaiden Smith). They decide to pay a visit to a Halloween store located in a deserted strip mall. Thinking that they’ve outgrown their childhood days of trick-or-treating, they embark on a mission to spend a night locked inside the Spirit Halloween store. However, what was meant to be a night of spooky fun takes a terrifying turn when they find themselves haunted by the spirit of Alec Windsor (Christopher Lloyd), a deceased man who has taken over the Spirit Halloween store.
The film features a cast including Lloyd, Colan, Frankel, Smith, and Rachael Leigh Cook, who plays Sue, one of the boys’ mothers, remarried after her husband’s passing. “Spirit Halloween” originally premiered on demand in October 2022.
In addition to its streaming release on Shudder, Dazzler Media, based in the U.K., is planning to release the film in select theaters on October 13 and on DVD starting from October 16.
The production of “Spirit Halloween” took place from the end of 2019 to November 2021, with filming done at an abandoned Toys R Us location in Georgia. The film was directed by Poag, with a screenplay by Billie Bates. Hideout Pictures, Strike Back Studios, Particular Crowd, and Film Mode Entertainment were involved in producing the film.
Prepare for a thrilling and chilling experience as “Spirit Halloween: The Movie” brings the spirit of the season to your screens this October.