In a recent twist on the digital stage, tech magnate Elon Musk has recognized the unmatched influence of pop icon Taylor Swift. On Wednesday, Musk, the billionaire behind X, took to the social media platform formerly known as Twitter, suggesting Swift share her musical content directly on the X platform.
- Rachel Zegler Defends Taylor Swift Against Barstool Host’s Sex Tape Joke: ‘We’re Sick and Tired! It’s Never Been Funny!’
- J Balvin and Usher Show Off Their ‘Dientes’ and DJ Khaled Busts a Move in New Video
- Aerosmith Postpones All Tour Dates to 2024: Steven Tyler’s Vocal Injury ‘More Serious Than Initially Thought’
- Peso Pluma Cancels Tijuana Concert After Receiving Death Threats
- Kellie Pickler Opens Up About Husband Kyle Jacobs’ Death in Message to Fans: ‘The Darkest Time in My Life’
This was in response to Swift’s post from September 20, where she unveiled the back covers and tracklist of her imminent album, “1989 (Taylor’s Version)”. This latest work is a refreshed take on her 2014 hit album and marks the fourth in her reimagined “Taylor’s Version” series, following albums like “Fearless”, “Red”, and “Speak Now”.
In a recent marketing move, Taylor Swift is not just using social media to promote her album. Teaming up with tech giant Google, they’ve introduced a unique puzzle challenge for her fans. The successful completion of these puzzles will unlock previously unheard tracks from “1989”, which are set to feature in her upcoming album. However, this intriguing initiative hit a bump shortly after launch due to technical issues.
Elon Musk’s collaboration with Swift is just another instance of his strategy to leverage celebrity influence for X. In the past, Musk has roped in prominent political personalities like Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and US presidential candidate Ron DeSantis. Furthermore, he’s been a significant supporter of former Fox News anchor, Tucker Carlson’s program on X.
When approached by Insider for a statement, both X’s and Swift’s representatives remained unavailable for comment outside of regular working hours.