- ‘Flora and Son’ Will Submit Original Song ‘High Life’ for Oscar Consideration, Joseph Gordon-Levitt for Supporting (EXCLUSIVE)
- Kate Winslet Bares It All for Another Trip to the Oscars With Her Passion Project ‘Lee’ Following Its TIFF Premiere
- ‘Man of Steel’ Writer Says ‘It Was Crazy’ How WB and DC Tried to Build Their Own MCU, Reveals David Fincher’s Two-Hour ‘Blade’ Meeting
- Can Talk Shows Continue During Hollywood Strikes Without Being Scabs? The Answers Are Tricky
- ‘Great Absence’ Review: A Son Discovers His Father in a Deft, Complex, Wrenching Dementia Drama
Tom Hanks used his Instagram platform to address a recent misunderstanding among his fans. He wanted to alert his followers to the existence of a promotional video for a dental plan that features a computer-generated version of himself. Hanks wanted to make it abundantly clear that he has no association with this dental plan or the AI-generated representation of himself featured in the video.
View this post on Instagram
In previous discussions, Hanks has openly talked about the increasing impact of artificial intelligence and deepfake technology within the creative industries. He even mentioned in an episode of “The Adam Buxton Podcast” that it might be possible for his acting career to continue through AI technology even after his own passing.