- France’s ARP Selection Buys Sofia Coppola’s Venice Prizewinning ‘Priscilla,’ Deauville Festival’s Big Winner ‘LaRoy’ (EXCLUSIVE)
- Martin Scorsese, Greta Gerwig, Emerald Fennell to Deliver Screen Talks at BFI London Film Festival
- ‘Cool Runnings’ Director Battled Disney Over Jamaican Accents, Told Cast He’d ‘Get Fired If You Don’t Sound Like Sebastian the Crab’
- ‘Maestro’ Oscar Odds: Why Carey Mulligan Should Move to Supporting Actress and Bradley Cooper Could Follow Laurence Olivier
- China Box Office: ‘Dust to Dust’ Wins on Slowest Weekend in Nine Months
Patrick Harrison, the top New York executive at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, is teaming up with Clare Anne Darragh and Lina Catalfamo Plath of Frank PR to establish a new strategic awards division. This division will focus on campaigns and events related to the awards season.
Harrison expressed his enthusiasm for joining forces with Clare Anne and Lina, two industry professionals he has long admired and worked with throughout his career. He shared his passion for film and supporting both established and emerging filmmakers.
Throughout his career, Harrison has been instrumental in creating the Academy’s East Coast programs, encompassing screenings, filmmaker discussions, retrospectives, educational outreach, and the New York Oscars celebration. He has also overseen the production of the Academy Conversations film series and moderated post-screening discussions.
Patrick Harrison is actively involved in the film community, serving on the board of directors for Film at Lincoln Center and the Woodstock Film Festival. Additionally, he plays an advisory role at Stockade Works in the Hudson Valley. Before his tenure at the Academy, Harrison worked at Miramax.
Frank PR, known for its work with companies like Warner Bros., Metro Goldwyn Mayer, Netflix, HBO, Food Network & Cooking Channel, and Hulu, among others, is partnering with Patrick Harrison to launch this new awards division. Clare Anne Darragh and Lina Catalfamo Plath, principals at Frank PR, commended Harrison as a highly respected executive with a passion for the industry and strong industry relationships, making him the ideal partner for this venture.